If you haven’t yet registered for ANZ Internet Banking, our registration process is just three easy steps that can be completed on all eligible devices.
Your home loan at a glance
You now have more insights into how you’re progressing with your loan along with key information such as next repayment date, interest rate and more.
Quick Pay buttons
We’ve added three new quick pay buttons to the Account overview pages so you can quickly navigate to make payments faster.
Easier views for your billers and payees
You will now be able to choose between a tile and list view of the billers and payees when making a Pay Anyone or BPAY payment.
Simplified ANZ Shield registration
ANZ Shield registration has been streamlined into a more intuitive process.
This toggle feature appears on the home page, and some of the payment pages. It is represented by the following icon:
The image on the left represents “Tile” view. If this is selected, depending on your screen and browser window size, the information may be shown in a multi-column layout. You can view from left-to-right, top-to-bottom.
The image on the right represents “List” view. If this is selected, the information will always display in a single column layout and resembles the more traditional view.
ANZ Share Investing
We’ve changed the name of our online share trading service to ANZ Share Investing.
Welcome to the new ANZ Internet Banking for Business (IB4B)
We’ve updated ANZ IB4B to suit our customer’s changing needs. The new look ANZ IB4B retains all the existing features and security – now with a fresh new look that works on all your eligible devices.
ANZ is significantly improving its digital solutions to create a more connected, flexible and delightfully simple banking experience for our people and customers. We have started our journey to refresh ANZ IB4B, which aims to enable simpler, faster services.
As we continue the journey to enhance your ANZ Internet Banking experience, we would like to thank you for the feedback you have provided already. We have listened to you, and here are some of the suggestions that you have made come to life!
This month we have made the following improvements:
- Introducing a new fluid layout for those using larger desktop and laptop screens. This means you will be able to view more information on your screen, without the need to scroll. Note: To make the most of this change please ensure you maximise your ANZ Internet Banking browser to the full width and height of your screen.
More accounts visible on your Home page, without the need to scroll. Hint: using the toggle you can also switch between tile and list view. Find out more by watching the ‘How to find what you want’ video at http://www.betterinternetbanking.anz.com/demo-videos.html
- On the transaction history and card statement history screens, more transactions are visible without the need to scroll
- When reviewing transactions, your Debits and Credits have been sorted into two columns to provide ease of viewing.
- On the card statement history screen, the ‘card used’ column has been restored, ensuring clarity when there are multiple credit cards on the account.
- It is now easier to switch between your accounts on the ‘Accounts Overview’ screen, without returning to the home screen. Remember, you can always use the home button to return to your accounts ‘Home Page’ at any time.
- We have made improvements to Payments (Pay Anyone, BPay and International Money Transfers - IMTs): Find out more by watching the how to make payments videos at http://www.betterinternetbanking.anz.com/demo-videos.html
- The ‘Activate bank feeds’ and ‘Activate an ANZ card’ functions are now easier to find as the links are available on your accounts ‘Home Page’.
Your feedback is important to us! We encourage you to continue to provide your thoughts via the feedback icon on your ANZ Internet Banking home screen, so we can continue to improve your ANZ Internet Banking experience.
We continue on our journey to enhance your ANZ Internet Banking experience.
Improvements have been made on how you view your credit card statements, transaction history, International Money Transfer and merchant information.
Your payment flows for Transfer, Pay Anyone and BPAY are now more simple and intuitive to use. Click here to learn more about how to make a payment.
For our small business customers with multiple legal entities, the dropdown list on the home page has been updated to allow for a clear and full view of these entities.
Your feedback is important to us and we encourage you to provide your feedback via the feedback icon on your ANZ Internet Banking home screen.
We’ve updated ANZ Internet Banking to suit our customer’s changing needs. The new look ANZ Internet Banking retains all the existing features and security – now with a fresh new look that works on all your eligible devices.
ANZ is significantly improving its digital solutions to create a more connected, flexible and delightfully simple banking experience for our people and customers. We have started our journey to refresh ANZ Internet Banking, which aims to enable simpler, faster services.
- A fresh new look, now consistent across your eligible devices which automatically adapts to allow you to view on a mobile, tablet or desktop.
- A new modern homepage design with the ability to change the way you view accounts, with a choice of tile or list view.
- A simplified way to enter payment details including; BPAY, Pay Anyone, Transfers and International Services.
- Account information and transaction screens have been simplified with the most important information made more prominent
- Deliver a connected ANZ experience by providing customers with the freedom to bank seamlessly and easily across eligible devices
Extended Transaction History Now Available on ANZ Internet Banking & ANZ Internet Banking for Business.
We have introduced new ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Internet Banking for Business functionality to increase the transaction history available to search, view and download from the current 120 days to up to 2 years of transaction history for eligible accounts*.
The following new search options are also now available:
- A new ‘Amount Range’ field that enables you to search within a specified transaction value range.
- Three new ‘Search Period’ options, available from the search and download transaction history screens.
- To access the extended transaction history, navigate to the ‘Search Transaction History’ screen or the ‘Download Transaction History’ screen.
Making a recurring payment or transfer is now easier in ANZ Internet Banking. You can choose your recurring payment/transfer options on the same page as your one-off payment/transfer dates.
In addition, please note that some of our “Pay and Transfer” menus have been renamed to more accurately describe their purpose.
New menu names Previously Now Past Payments/Transfers View Past Payments/Transfers Future Payments/Transfers Manage Future Payments/Transfers New menu names for Business customers only Previously Now Payroll Payments Pay Employees Tax Payments Pay Taxation Office
ANZ has increased its Pay Anyone daily limits for ANZ Internet Banking. To take advantage of the new higher limits, register for ANZ Shield today. You will then have the flexibility of instant access to the full range of Pay Anyone daily limits available to you.
To change your daily Pay Anyone limit you will need to log into ANZ Internet Banking. Then click on 'Update Details' then 'Change Pay Anyone access'. The daily Pay Anyone limits available to you will be displayed. If you’re not yet registered for ANZ Shield, you’ll be given the option to register at this point giving you instant access to the full range of daily limits.
We continue to make improvements to ANZ Internet Banking that can help make your banking easier.
If you forget your ANZ Internet Banking password and you are registered for ANZ Shield, you may be able to reset your password online. Just click on 'I forgot my password' on the 'Log on to ANZ Internet Banking' page and follow the prompts. If you're eligible, you'll be stepped through the simple process.
We're committed to helping you bank simply and safely. That's why with ANZ Shield, you now have the option to add an extra layer of security to your ANZ Internet Banking.
ANZ Shield is a free security app for Android and iPhone. It allows you to generate a one time passcode - known as a Shield Code - to authenticate certain ANZ Internet Banking payments and activities.
Visit ANZ Shield to find out how to register today.
We've made improvements to online statements.
- There is no need to register. If you're using ANZ Internet Banking or ANZ Internet Banking for Business you could have automatic access to your statements online as well as receiving statements in the mail.
- Online statements are available for more accounts, including everyday banking accounts, loans and credit cards.
- Accessing your online statements is easy. Simply log in to ANZ Internet Banking or ANZ Internet Banking for Business and go to the "Accounts" menu, then select "View statements".
This is just another way we make banking with us easier. Learn more about online statements.